GREATER BIRMINGHAM STREET FOOD COALITION
The Greater Birmingham Street Food Coalition is a group of culinary entrepreneurs who sell high-quality, diverse and exciting cuisines from vehicles, push-carts and other portable vending facilities. The Coalition seeks to promote and protect our industry as a viable and beneficial business model and to assist members in with the legal, regulatory, and public relations issues that arise in connection with the operation of members’ businesses. Specifically we hope to:
- Provide a single point of contact for local government officials, owners of “bricks and mortar” restaurants, and members of the public to foster and maintain positive relations with all concerned.
- Work cooperatively with municipalities and governmental bureaucracies to review codes, ordinances, procedures and enforcement so that they better address the realities of this new industry and not try to apply out-dated and inapplicable rules to this novel and dynamic business model.
- Assist members with legal and regulatory compliance issues and concerns.
- Provide assistance to members to assist them in providing positive additions to this new culinary movement.
- Create a system of addressing issues that may arise from our presence and develop equitable solutions to resolve any problems.
- Provide contact information for members of the community who wish to avail themselves of the services our members.